April 12, 2006

havent been here in a while, had a bit of a busy time lately. been taking lots of photos of bands, most recently Sikth, Exit 10 and Idiot Rate at the barfly. took loads and loads of photos, which are on my Flickr page. me and lee also interviewd one of the guitarists before the gig, which was great. he was a really interesting guy with loads to say, all of which made a lot of sense.

thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate my birthday. firstly with a gathering in the swan on the day itself. lee and skip got me a brilliant rucksack camera bag for when i get my good camera, which is really cool. they also got me some silver bangles which are lovely. kayte got me a lovely little silver star pendant. the swan quiz was on that night and unfortunately we didnt win it as we had done for 2 weeks previously. it was fun tho and we got to share in the winners bottle of vodka. a few of us went to the KH afterwards but i remember very little of it!

saturday night started in skippys with pizza and wine, and then me and skip got ready. i wore a gorgeous Cheongsam, a chinese dress, in black with red flowers embroidered all over. i wore 5 inch platform boots too which made me extremely tall, but were surprisingly easy to walk in.

we started in roadkill on hope street, had a few drinks there, and opened a couple more pressies. tom and gemma got me a Lenore book, which is really sweet, and mike and julia got me a big living dead doll, which i've always wanted (i can see a collection coming on).

after roadkill we headed to the swan and joined Debs's birthday group there and more drink was had and lots of laughs. we then went to the KH where we, ok i, danced the night away and had a brilliant night. had loads of people i didnt know in person coming to say hello to me and wish me a happy birthday as they had seen it on myspace.

so anyway, been to the hospital this morning, to the ENT (ear nose and throat) clinic. had a camera put down my nose to look at my throat, tonsils and vocal chords. theyve decided to take out my tonsils and adenoids out, so i'm on the waiting list for that now, which could be up to 6 months. they also want me to go to speech therapy as my vocal chords are all tight and strained too.

still waiting for my wrist operation, no idea how long thats gonna be. they write to you about 11 weeks beforehand and i've heard nothing yet. ah well

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home