January 01, 2008

So I've been sat here for a while trying to think of something interesting to write. I kept thinking that i've done nothing worth writing about, but then it all came back to me.

2007 has been a year of ups and downs for me. I started 2007 in a job I hated and subsequently got fired from. Shortly after that I got my lovely kitty Lola. I always wanted a black cat called Lola and things just came together at the right time. I could settle her in as I was off work and show her who's boss, honest.

After a couple of months of unemployment I got myself another job which I enjoyed at the time. I hate being unemployed so at that stage I was getting desperate but thankfully I didnt have to settle for any old job, I got a decent job in town.

Over summer me, lee, michelle, dave, debs, lisa and paul all went to Leeds festival. Its been many years since I went to a proper festival and I had a really good time. I saw some bands I really like including fall out boy, the gossip, gogol bordello , nine inch nails, smashing pumpkins and red hot chilli peppers. I know the line up wasnt to everyones liking but I thought it was pretty good and I didnt have to choose between bands too often.

I had a great time with my friends at the festival, I had fun with everyone but spent most of the time with Debs, the purple pixie, a name that I gave her after her crazy mischevious behaviour at the festival. I was already friends with everyone I went to leeds with, but we all got to know each other better during our time there and we had some amazing times which I will never forget.

In october I got fired again, which was poo, but then got myself another job, working for the nhs doing admin about 6 weeks later. I've only been there a few weeks really and so far I'm enjoying it. The work is easy, theres no idiots on the phone to you constantly, and everyone is really nice. At the moment its only temporary till the end of march but it might get extended. It it doesnt then I'm wth a very good agency who will get me another job straight away.

Back in april, me, skippy and michelle started a photography course, city and guilds level one, at liverpool community college. That lasted a term and we enjoyed it a great deal, all passing with flying colours. Even before the course had finished we had all decided that we wanted to do level 2 next, which we started in september, and lasts for the academic year. Its more advanced and therefore more interesting than the level one course and we're all enjoying it.

Towards the end of the year two very good friends of mine came back to liverpool. Firstly Kalina moved back from Scarborough, and Rhonda came back from nearly a year in austrailia. I love both these ladies so much and I'm so glad that we've become such close friends.

So thats a brief summary of last year. Next year, in May, I have two weddings to look forward to. Tom and Gemma, and Craig and Caroline are getting married within about 5 days of each other. I know they will both be very lovely, enjoyable days.

I have some resolutions for this year, mostly they are quite personal and I'm going to keep them to myself. This year will hopefully see a lot of positive change for me and lots of fun adventures to write about in a year!!

Finally thanks to all the friends that have helped me through some tough times this year. If i list you all I'm bound to miss someone out, so you know who you are, and without your friendships this year would have been much more difficult.

Heres to a brilliant 2008!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home