January 01, 2008

I thought I'd write a separate blog about new years eve cos lets face it, Skippy deserves a post of her own :)

So last night me, Lee, Skippy and Al met on the bus to town and headed off. Al stayed on the bus to go and check that the room was sorted and me, Lee and Skippy went off in search of a couple of pints.

We headed to the swan first but unfortunately it was closed and only people with tickets were allowed in. As we were only stopping off for a couple of pints there was no point paying for tickets so we went to the Jacaranda. It was pretty busy in there and was standing room only, so after a pint we wandered down to secondnatures practice room for a new years eve/ Skippy's birthday party.

The party was a lot of fun, in attendance in addition to those i have already mentioned was Sef, Mike Marr, Pete, Julia, Mike, Tom, Gemma, Nichola, Motti, Dave, Hannah, a few of their friends, Mark, Danny, Gary, Zoe, and probably loads of others I've forgotten. After a short time the party got quite lively, with music played over the PA, a buffet, dance-offs, lots of drinks and shots, and general fun stuff.

Before we even got to new year Sef fell asleep on the couch and mike had to be dragged to the toilet by Julia to give it a hug for a long time, and then spent the rest of the night in a very bad way due to over indulgence of booze. I'm not judging or criticizing anyone about this, and it has often been me in this kind of state before now, but not this time.

Just before midnight we all headed out onto the street to sing auld lang syne and then happy birthday to Skippy. There was lots of cheering, hugging and kissing before we headed back inside. Once inside it was time to give Skippy her presents. Motti and Nichola got her a very cool Moodbeam, I have once and they're cool. Then she got her present from me, lee, tom, Gemma, Julia, mike and Gary. We got her a Nabaztag which she was very very happy with. I think I might have to get one, they're very cool.

Anyway after a couple more hours partying and boozing, the party started to get a bit thin on the ground so me and Lee decided to head off and pay a visit to the party at Andy's house where Colin, Julie, Michelle, Debs, Andy, Caz, Lisa and Paul were still partying along with various random family and friends.

When i arrived at the party I could tell it was very much still going on. When I arrived I felt very sober compared to everyone else but I didn't feel like drinking anymore due to general tiredness and an evil headache. It was an interesting party thats for sure, lots of interesting characters were there and a lot of fun was had.

I had a really good night, especially being able to wish Skippy a happy birthday at midnight as I haven't been able to do that for a few years and usually we just speak to each other on the phone at midnight in very drunken shouty voices :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home